To commence our weekly Freakshake series, Bianca and I made the following:
NAUGHTY BUT NICE, Am I right?!
I like to give things formal names so I definitely felt ‘Naughty but Nice’ takes the cake.
For this shake we were able to use fresh almond milk from @almondmilkco and @matcharaw green tea powder! Definitely a great, SOMEWHAT healthy option, and lets be real- freakshakes don’t really offer much of that and we are okay with that too!
As you know, freakshakes are all about being over the top and messy- and we certainly had fun making this!
For the recipe:
1tsp to 1 tbsp green tea powder (depending on strength preference)
300ml almond milk
150ml Whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp manuka honey (optional)
1) Cream the cream and vanilla essence- to a consistency so that it holds when you lift the beaters up. Put the whip cream inside your piping bag (or zip lock bag if you don’t have a piping bag!)
2) Prepare the matcha shake: combine the almond milk and matcha and manuka honey in a blender
3) Pour matcha shake into your glassware. Leave 0.5cm to 1cm to the top of the glass free
4) Pipe in the cream – and be generous here!
5) Add the toppings and enjoy!!
YUM!!!! I am a huge fan of Matcha green tea anything, so this one is definitely up there in my favourite shakes. Plus, being able to use some Melbourne made matcha and almond milk satisfies my need to help support local businesses!
Let us know what you think of this baby. Is there anything you’d like us to make?
WE ARE OFFICIALLY TAKING REQUESTS!
Don’t forget to follow @melbfoodbaby and @andreamichelleindy on Instagram to stay up to date with our series!
Thanks for reading. ‘Til next time….
Take care and stay fabulous!
Andrea Michelle Indy
Facebook: Andrea in Arcadia
Leave a Reply