Last week Mercedes-Benz Melbourne launched their all new E-Class vehicles. I was lucky enough to get the chance to attend their spectacular launch event in Melbourne at Aerial. Can you believe it’s been 10 generations of the E-Class?!
As a mad car, tech & science lover, you’ll soon understand why I am so excited for this game changer.
Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive: ‘supports, relieves & protects’.
MB are really getting serious here when it comes to decking out the car with some serious tech to ensure your ride is customisable, comfortable and most importantly safe.
Over 100 million lines of code was written to ensure the ride is more comfortable and more safe, with the option to program your vehicle to suit your needs.
- Headlights -84 LEDs automatically turn on and off & change tilt depending on glare, rain, car coming at you
- Interior- Large dash monitor
- 3 engine variants
- Touch Controls- on the steering wheel in the centre console to customise your ride
At the heart of all our thinking.
When it comes to safety features, this car seriously packs a punch with prevention the key.
It’s been decked out with some serious radar technology with the aim of not just seeing the car in front of you, but the traffic ahead.
- 8 radar cameras
- Drive pilot- monitors if there is a free parking space – press a few buttons and it can park itself
- Assists You- e.g. steers over into the lane (checks lanes for you)
- PRE-SAFE- Inputs from outside and inside the vehicle to prepare & protect occupants
TECH & SCIENCE COMING TOGETHER TO CREATE SAFETY (PRE-SAFE)
When an unavoidable collision is about to occur, e.g, rear impact:
1) A car is speeding behind you (radar sensors identify). Seatbelt prepares you for accident (through the prior radar identification)
2) If accident still does occur, it will be very loud. Our muscles in our ears contract when their is sound. When there is very loud sound this can cause serious damage to your ear drums, causing the ringing which we are familiar with occurring. To prevent damage to the ear drum, the car will make a sound inside the vehicle, causing the muscle to contract and close. (HOW INSANE IS THAT?!)
3) Impact-bolsters blow up in your seat where your body is to creates protrusions with the aim of protecting the body.
However, this is the severely condensed version…what actually happens is far more technical and in depth than I have the time to explain!
- Design – classic timeless design
- 64 colours to choose from
- Room for luxury
- control all the vehicle functions intuitively with touch controls
Work, savour, communicate: a life of modern luxury behind the wheel.
I’m excited to see what the future brings with Mercedes-Benz. This car comes close to autonomous driving, which is the future of technology.
Mercedes-Benz is moving a major step forward in the world of modern mobiles.
I better book my test drive ASAP!
Take care and stay fabulous!
Andrea Michelle Indy
Facebook: Andrea in Arcadia
Leave a Reply