Last week I received the Android Nougat update on my Nexus 6P.
Android Nougat is the latest OS update from our friends at Google, jam packed with even more ways to make your phone your own.
- LANGUAGES INTEGRATION
- OS that speaks your language (emojis + multi-language)
- Multi-Window View/ Split Screen
- Quick Switch
- Vulkan™ API
- Virtual Reality Mode
- BATTERY AND DATA
- Improved Doze Mode (Improved battery life)
- Data Saver
- SYSTEM USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
- Clear All (in overview)
- Custom Quick Settings & Improved Settings Navigation
- Settings Suggestions
- DEVICE SET UP AND MIGRATION
- Improved Device Set-Up and Migration
- Notification Direct Reply
- Bundled Notifications
- Notification Controls
- ANDROID FOR WORK
- Work Mode
- Seamless Updates
- File-Based Encryption
- Direct Boot
*Key features are some of my favourites, and not an exhaustive list. Head to Android Nougat for more.
My favourite features as part of the update include:
Split Screen & Multi-Window View (w/ compatible apps)
Doze on The Go
Quick Reply & Notifcations (w/ compatible apps)
What feature do you think you’ll use the most with Android Nougat?