XEO 2. Small wireless speakers with a whole lot of kick.
I recently moved to a new house and have been in the market to upgrade my current ‘home-audio system’…Which in fairness is a CD & Tape player I’ve had for over 10 years!!
I’m particularly drawn to wireless & Bluetooth systems as I previously was using an AUX to plug into my phone, and then after that a Chromecast Audio. Both were super handy, but unfortunately my speaker system is on the way out, so an upgrade was much needed.
Luckily, I was given the opportunity to review these speakers and so far I am thrilled. Although I’ve had the speakers for about 2 weeks, I’ve only recently set them up in my room (since my family returned from overseas). For now, I’m not 100% on the position of them, but they sound amazing from where they are.
Additionally, they won ‘Best Active Speakers’ in the Stereo Category at the HI-FI awards in 2016!
- I love how small these speakers are
- The sound is so amazingly crisp & clear- even through Bluetooth
- Plus the sound and bass is incredible (especially given the size)
- Wasn’t sure on the colour when I first received it, but it is much nicer than the classic black (in my opinion)
- (I feel like it adds a lighter feel to my room, but I’m not an interior designer.)
- Easy to set-up
- (You don’t need to be a tech geek to set these up!)
- Updating the firmware is easy
- (Although I struggled with it because I stupidly downloaded the wrong one and couldn’t figure out what was going on for an hour…. until I re-checked the file.)
- Expandable- ideal for multi-room wireless
I listen to a mix of music genres, rap, hardcore and electronic. It handles all of these well, and without that any annoying crackling or distortion of sound. Additionally, the sound travels well throughout the house, but I could see expanding it to other rooms for a more immersive experience. I truly love my music. Even when reviewing cars, one of my major enjoyment factors comes from being able to listen to my music really loud and feel it through the seats…
I’ve been using these speakers every day, and it’s been a journey. An excellent one.
Since I work from home, when I’m not in conference calls; for example filling out paper-work or sending emails- the speakers have come in handy to provide me motivational tunes to work to out loud.
And by motivational, I mean pretending I’m a rapper/gangsta like Kid Ink.
Stay tuned for my in-depth review next month, but for now, I’m really enjoying the tunes, even though my mother probably hates me right about now. Sorry Mum!
#Dynaudio #XEO2 #WirelessHighEndSpeakers
Review speakers provided on behalf of DYNAUDIO & BUSISOFT AU/NZ
Photography by Andrea Hobbs