As part of my 2017 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix® experience with Red Bull Racing, on behalf of Hisense (see here), a few journalists, including myself had the opportunity to preview the new series 8 & 9 TVs in the flesh.
First seeing these 4K ULED Screens being unveiled at CES, and then having the opportunity to see it in the flesh! Photos seriously don’t do it justice. From this little ‘hands-on’ preview, I’m already excited to test it out.
The new TVs are a premium offering, something Hisense is looking to expand into.
Models from the premium 4K ULED Series 8 and Series 9 range were on full display and flexing their stunning Ultra-High Definition (UHD) capabilities during a presentation at the exclusive Red Bull Racing suite at Melbourne’s Albert Park.
Things you should know about the new TVs:
- Focus on Peak Brightness Capability w/ ‘HDR Supreme’ (BOTH 8 & 9 Series)
- The models will boast “HDR Supreme” capabilities which will provide a peak brightness of 1000 nits and Wide Colour Gamut improving on the 2016 4K ULED offerings.
- Quantum Dot Technology (Series 9 Only)
- Hisense’s first Australian offering to incorporate quantum dot technology, bringing optimal brightness and unprecedented colour accuracy and saturation.
- Two Sizes Available Per Series
- Series 8: 55in or 65in
- Series 9: 75in or 85in
- Streamlined & Updated Interface
- Both introducing Hisense’s updated and streamlined smart user interface, VIDAA U. The customisable platform adopts a simple, one-dimensional ribbon design user interface that allows users to view items on a single menu, with significantly faster response time.
- VIDAA U can also detect any connected external devices, and comes pre-installed with an array of popular services including Netflix, Stan and Freeview Plus. The dedicated Netflix button on the remote will ensure easy access to as much HDR Netflix content users can handle. HELLO never-ending Netflix binge.
“I feel that with the Series 8 and Series 9 TVs we’ve really doubled down on our commitment to transform the viewing experience and provide our customers with top-of-the-line TV technology and design. We’ve managed to consolidate all the elements people loved about our Series 7 TVs and create — what I think — is a visually improved, more streamlined user experience across the new models,” – HISENSE AUSTRALIA
Series 8 and 9 will be available from July 2017, and recommended retail prices are listed below.
85in Series 9 (85N9) RRP = $10,999
75in Series 9 (75N9) RRP = $7,999
65in Series 8 (65N8) RRP = $3,999
55in Series 8 (55N8) RRP = $2,999
For more information on the Hisense TVs check out here, and stayed tuned for my hands on review coming later 2017.
#HisenseAU #RedBullRacing #F1DownUnder
Photography provided by Hisense Australia